There’s nothing quite like an outdoor wedding. While indoor ceremonies are indeed lovely, an outdoor setting offers some truly inimitable aspects: the organic beauty of nature, the warmth of the sun…and swarms of mosquitoes and other unsavory insects. While this problem may influence you to move your wedding inside, the risk of having insects in attendance doesn’t mean you have to compromise your dream of an outdoor wedding. Luckily, a proliferation of products exist to combat bugs, keeping you and your guests both unbothered and unbitten. Below, we’ve assembled a list of seven amazing tools that you can use to keep your outdoor wedding insect free!
1. Lynwood Laboratories SC152 Shoo-fly Screen And Surface Insect Spray, 14 oz. A safe and non-staining solution, Shoo-fly is a spray which effectively bug-proofs whatever you need. Simply spray on lighting, garden chairs, patios, or anything else to kill and repel insects for up to twelve weeks. While we don’t recommend using this spray near food or on the skin, Shoo-fly is a fantastic way to minimize unwanted guests at your ceremony or reception site.
2. Organic Bug Sprays – Mosquito Repellent / No Se Um Repellent – 100% Natural Ingredients – Travel Size Spray (10 ml.). If you’re looking for a more organic approach to mosquito repellant, this spray by Pure Palette is made from 100% natural ingredients such as lemongrass, lavender, and cedarwood, among others. Boasting a clean, fresh scent, this product is safe for use on the body and completely DEET-free.
3. Insect Repellant Lapel Pin, Wooden Pin And Tie Tack | Rustic And Minimalistic Groomsmen Gifts And Wedding Accessories. This one is perfect for the guys at your event. Available in thousands of unique designs in rich cherry wood, these laser-cut lapel pins not only look smart, but also keep the bugs at bay while keeping your boys stylishly accessorized.
4.Original Kinven® Mosquito Repellent Bracelet Natural DEET FREE Insect Repellent Bands, Mosquito Killer up to 360Hrs Protection Outdoor and Indoor, for Adults & Kids, 4 bracelets, Color: Red/Brown. Another incredible accessory, these Original Kinven mosquito repellent bracelets ward off mosquitos for up to fifteen days. Fully adjustable, these braided leather bracelets are suitable for adults and children alike.
5. Mosquito Repellent Patch, Veecom 108 Count Deet-free All Natural Insect Repellent Sticker for Kids, Baby and Adult. Made entirely from non-toxic, plant-based ingredients, Veecom Insect Repellant Stickers are the perfect way to protect the children at your outdoor ceremony! Simply place on a child’s skin, and you can take comfort in knowing that he should be bug bite free for up to twelve hours.
6. Amazon Lights All-natural Premium Citronella Outdoor Garden Incense Sticks with 2.5 – 3.0 Hour Burn Time. Brazilian Andiroba Oil Blended with Citronella, Rosemary & Thyme. A repellant option that doubles as a beautiful decor accent, this set of two twelve-foot garden incense sticks by Murphy’s Naturals exude the scent of rosemary and thyme while also using citronella and Andiroba to keep mosquitoes and other insects at a safe distance for the duration of your wedding.
7. Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Outdoor and Camping Repeller Device. With a 225-foot zone of protection, the Thermacell Mosquito Repellant Device is a small, cordless piece of technology which repels mosquitoes, flies, and a variety of other annoying insects without any invasive sound or scent. Recommended primarily for hiking and camping, this machine is perfect to place strategically around your wooded wedding or lakeside reception.
And there you have it! Do you have any other recommendations for keeping mosquitoes and other bugs away from your outdoor wedding? We want to hear them! Send us an email at email@example.com, and you could see your own suggestion added to this list! Otherwise, we’ll be back next week with more wedding tips and stories of bridal bliss.